Monday, May 30, 2005

overheard in los angeles

As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of the website Overheard in New York. Until Michael Malice and his crew decide to come west, I'm going to post my overheards here and you're welcome to post any of your own in the comments. (This means you, S.H.)

A tourist is taking a picture of her daughter in front of the hieroglyphics mural at Grauman's Egyptian theater.

Girl: Mommy, Mommy, take my picture.
Mother: Great. This way if you ever have to do a project on Egypt, you can say you were there.


(This is actually quite likely. I was chatting with my favorite nine-year-old a few months back, and she was working on a project where she had to research, report on, and draw three items about Egypt for every letter of the alphabet. Egypt is my anti-drug.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE OverheardinNY!! Happy to have an LA outlet. Here's my first:

Boss (to new Muslim Iranian receptionist): So, do you celebrate
Christmas in Iran?
New Hire: Ummmm...the Christians do.