Tuesday, May 10, 2005

at what point do I give up and watch deadwood?

I've been trying to write for hours now with no success. I think this might partly be a result of the fact that I picked up a gig teaching on-line, so I've bought myself some more time without a 9-5. Or it could possibly be that there was an embarrassment of riches on the web today.

  • I could take a tip from these masochistic writers profiled in The New York Times, who have locked themselves in (albeit designer) boxes and are expected to complete a novel by June 4. Maybe if I had a gourmet meal waiting for me at the end of the day (and a profile in the NYT), I'd be more motivated. (Via Large Vibrating Egg)
  • FD5000 links to a collection of artists who were commissioned to make one-of-a-kind sets of four plastic plates. You can even order a kit to make your own. That sounds like an excellent procrastination tool to me.
  • FD also introduces us (or me, at least) to the illustrious and incredibly moving PostSecret, where you can mail in your deepest & darkest on a homemade postcard. My secret is that I wish I had a secret just so I could make a cool postcard...

No comments: