Saturday, April 02, 2005

safe, sound, and in the south

Charlotte > New Orleans

Stats:
Miles: 736.74
Hours: 12
States: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana

I must be more used to driving than I was yesterday because today was much more manageable. I left around 8:30 AM and arrived at the home of a friend in the Big Easy around 8:30 PM. I've been learning the nuances of fast lane vs. slow lane politics and entertaining myself with music and audio books. I listened to the first few chapters of The Confessions of Max Tivoli, which I was reluctant to do because of Greer's blatant theft of Fitzgerald's premise in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." However, since this was already done by Gabriel Brownstein in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Apt. 3W, I shouldn't be too harsh a critic. Listening to Car Wheels on a Gravel Road outside of Slidell was a highlight. Anyway, it all helped pass the time as did the beautiful scenery along routes 85 and 59. Risking life and limb, I took some more photos.

No comments: