Monday, April 18, 2005

it's art! no, it's walking! no, it's art!

The idea of walking around the city here is so...kooky...that people make art projects out of it. To be fair, this person may be only posting his photos and maps from various jaunts around the city, but Lisa Salem is creating something. I did have to laugh, though, at this very believable anecdote from her blog:

The other day, I walked from the nearest Starbucks on Sunset and Alvarado, through the Echo Park hills towards my house. After a while I passed a couple of teenage gang-ish type guys who said ‘Hi’ to me and I said ‘Hi’ back. They saw me holding my latte and asked me sweetly and in exclamation, 'Have you really just walked all the way here from Starbucks?!!!' - It was seven blocks away.”

Via LA Observed

Later: There must be a trend in making the commonplace into art.

No comments: