Monday, March 21, 2005

this week's netflix

Real Women Have Curves: Dear Hollywood, please give me more charming antidotes to the idea that being above a size six is shameful.

Deadwood, Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2: This HBO series, in case you missed the media blitz, portrays the lives of the gold-rushing inhabitants of Deadwood, South Dakota in 1876. Matching The Sopranos for violence and profanity, the setting and characters grow addictive. After the first episode, I was interested, but by the end of the second episode, I was hooked.

American Pimp: This documentary by the Hughes Brothers (Dead Presidents, Menace II Society) is a trip into the lives of pimps, providing history and interviews with the biggest players of "the game," interspersed with footage from films like The Mack. I would have liked a little more ho time, but I guess that's another movie.

No comments: