Thursday, March 31, 2005

1 more day

Wow, this is really happening. Yesterday was the longest day. I've been feeling like time is off its hinge (not unlike my laptop) and when I think about things that happened yesterday morning, it feels like a week ago. I woke up at 5 AM and couldn't get back to sleep, so I started packing like crazy. I picked up the truck and while I'm going to have to clean the cab before I spend a week in it, otherwise I was pleased. The most mighty man I know came over to help me and between the two of us, we loaded all the books and furniture in less than an hour. When the second shift showed up, there wasn't too much left to do at that time, so we found a home for the truck after some interesting parallel parking experiments, bought a stronger lock for the back door, and made final trips to the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. and the Chip Shop. The third shift arrived in the evening and entertained me while I tried to assemble the remaining items in my apartment that had been thrown willy-nilly during the truck packing. My phone will be shut off by tomorrow morning, so I'll try to post one more time tonight before I hit the road.

No comments: