Wednesday, March 30, 2005

2 more days

Last night, in the words of pop duo The Carpenters, I said goodbye to love. I don't recommend it. As a consolation, I did have a delicious dinner at Butter and saw Steve Erickson read from his latest novel, Our Ecstatic Days. Time Out had the time listed wrong, so we missed the first few minutes of the reading, but it wasn't long before I was engrossed in Erickson's tale of a single mother and a mysterious lake that appears in the middle of Los Angeles.

Of all the things I felt I needed to take with me when I left, my bed was at the top of the list. I am about to embark on the project of taking it apart so I can get it out the door of my apartment. Otherwise, the vast majority of my belongings are packed and ready to be loaded into the truck I'll be picking up today. The time is nigh...

No comments: