Friday, February 09, 2007

I'm just going to move to the internet

I don't know whether to love or hate Whitney Matheson of Pop Candy for turning me on to finetune. On an idea similar to Pandora, finetune lets you build playlists of 45 songs of your choice from a fairly impressive selection of albums. I think Pandora has a wider range and smarter suggestions, but finetune has play on demand and - of most interest to you - the option to embed your playlists. If you look to the right under the Music links, you'll find your choice of two playlists with many more to come: little girl blue (I can always think of heartbreak songs in a pinch - it's my gift) or old school girl groove. Just click on the little head in the upper left corner to switch back and forth in the user profile. If you register at finetune, you can search for 'escapegrace' and do whatever you're supposed to do when you find me.

Update: New playlists include americana the beautiful, I'm not indie, and ones & twos. Now I will stop and be productive. I swear.