Tuesday, May 09, 2006

requisite jack white post

It's sad to think how estranged Jack White & I have become since his marriage to Karen Elson and subsequent procreation. I haven't posted anything about him for ages. Here are some links to his latest exploits:

The debut from his side project The Raconteurs, Broken Boy Soldiers, will be released next week.

The Guardian interviews White with fellow Raconteur Brendan Benson and reviews a UK show.

In actual fact, Benson and White met in 1998, when the former attended a White Stripes show. "I was conspiring to meet him," admits Benson. "I just went to the show, and I remember paying to get in and I could hear the band playing and it sounded like a woman, I thought. And then I turned a corner and I saw Jack up there singing these unbelievable songs. I was literally stunned. Mouth gaping. And I just made it a point to meet him." Their first encounter was, they recall, slightly awkward. "You said, 'I can't believe you remembered all the lyrics to Isis,'" recalls Jack, deadpan. "Then it was, 'Do you come here often?'"

YouTube has White's new Coke commercial.
-