Sunday, July 17, 2005

mix post: aggression edition


A hot L.A. Thanksgiving circa 1995. I'd had about enough of not paying my bills on cocktail tips and adjunct teaching. The family guilt managed to travel 3,000 miles to find me. My boyfriend at the time was not getting it - not getting my disdain for holidays, not getting that I needed him to be friendly and forthcoming with our dinner hosts, not getting the ice he was sent to pick up from whatever supermarket was open. The inevitable argument finally erupted when we dragged our sorry excuse for a pretense back to the car after dinner. When the tape player kicked in with the ignition - The Muffs, if I remember correctly - he turned to me and sneered, "You know what your problem is?? You listen to too much angry music!"
M., wherever you are, this one's for you.

Blood on Our Hands (Justice Remix) - Death from Above 1979

Touch My Evil - Lydia Lunch

Bitch - Rinocerose

Tumbling Walls Buried Me in the Debris with ESG - Liars

I Hate Music - The Mad

You Are A Riot - This Microwave World

Shut Shut Up - Emperor X

Fuck Forever - Babyshambles

...and for old times' sake:

Nothing - The Muffs


Via something I learned today, Fluxblog, Brooklyn Vegan, *sixeyes, banana nutrament, last night an mp3 saved my wife

Former editions: Impatience. Intergalactic. Loquacity. Flammable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good tunage, thanks!