Wednesday, May 16, 2007

52 books in 52 weeks

13. Moral Disorder by Margaret Atwood

Reading this after Castle Rock made me think it was the year for reminiscing in Canada. I am endlessly amazed by Atwood's versatility.

14. The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas

Though just a tiny bit self-indulgent, this book was a intellectual blast. Why do American women not write this way more often?


15. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

I adored this book. Since it wasn't a library book, I was allowed to relish it slowly over months and relish it I did. I pray for an opportunity like Gilbert's.


16. A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon

I also pray I never lose my mind. I recall this book was not entirely well-received, but I think any bad reviews were a symptom of sophomore backlash. It's no Curious Incident but it's engaging and enjoyable.


17. Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware

I had no idea how dark this was. It opened my mind to different roads the graphic novel can take and told a heartbreaking story, but I think next time, I may want a little less despair.

No comments: