Wednesday, February 22, 2006

lest I be considered self-important

I made the difficult decision to call in sick to work today (made slightly less difficult by the fever, chills, sore throat, and general delirium), so I was happy to see this post at blogging.la that demonstrates I was being responsible rather than self-important.

Before I go back to bed, I figured I'd catch up on some lingering links:

  • Mayor Sam has a post up about Aimee Semple McPherson, which can serve as a good primer for the Urban Fervor excerpt to be posted a couple weeks from now.
  • Neatorama has an update on the Buddha Boy, the latest guru to make claim to divinity. He apparently burst into flames last month and remained unscorched.
  • The latest issue of New York Magazine is dedicated to an exploration of blogging.
OK, that's all I can manage.
-