Tuesday, June 07, 2005

dennis cooper's list fetish

"Literary outlaw" Dennis Cooper now has his own blog, which is not half as sensationalist as I would have expected. He even succumbs to the temptation of top ten lists, just like all bloggers eventually must. (Via chemistry class)

Tempting me to make lists is dangerous. I have a lifelong top ten list fetish -- making them and reading them. I don't know why. I think maybe it's because, as an anarchist, hierarchies are wrong, scary things to me, and I'm drawn to making them in the same way that I'm drawn as a writer to scary subjects that are almost impossible to write about objectively.

William Gibson's blog seems only to have one entry: a dead link to MIA's "Galang" on March 11th.

Later: The 92nd Street Y also launches a blog. (Via Maud Newton)

No comments: