Monday, January 08, 2007

the future present

Academic publishing makes turtles look like Flo-Jo. Two years ago, I sent in an essay abstract to a proposed collection and I just heard from the editor. I also have an essay on black women writing speculative fiction in a collection that has been slated for publication for a good five years now. At any rate, it is with interest that I read Ed's post mentioning the internet speculative fiction database hosted by Texas A&M: "a community effort to catalog works of science fiction, fantasy, and horror" with "various types of bibliographic data: author bibliographies, publication bibliographies, award listings, magazine content listings, anthology and collection content listings, and forthcoming books." I noted without surprise that the long-delayed collection that houses my essay is not listed.
-