“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human … is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” - David Foster Wallace (via Slaughterhouse 90210)
- Who says girls can't play drums?
- The Best of Journalism (2009)
- The A/V Club lists literary works that should never be adapted to film or TV again.
- Is luck a skill you can learn?
- Flavorwire wants you to read these books from LOST.
- Faulkner’s brother John claimed that he would often fake being drunk to avoid work.
- What happens to record stores after they die?