Wednesday, April 19, 2006

the war of the overheard

I have no idea what's going on, but I just received this e-mail from former (I guess) Overheard in New York editor Michael Malice:

Dear Overheard contributor,
As you may have seen on Overheard in New York, I was informed this morning that I am no longer affiliated with the site. If you don't know me, I'm the guy who edited the entries and wrote all the headlines.
I have launched NewYorkOverheard.com. Same Overheard, less overhead. It's the same thing you and I have built and loved. If you have any links, please change and please spread the word.
An explanation is forthcoming, and will appear on the site.
PS OverheardAtCollege.com is a go, too!
Yours,
Michael Malice
Editor, New York Overheard

If you look at the duplicate designs of the sites, you can tell something nasty's going on. It's unfortunate because Malice is the king of hilarious headlines. I'll keep an eye out for the forthcoming explanation.
-